As a new blogger who is really just documenting a crazy kind of journey – I was so surprised and honored to be nominated by AILZYPIE from The Borrowed Cities for a Liebster Award! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the encouragement to keep going with The List!!
This award is nominated by fellow bloggers who have less than 500 followers. I don’t even know how to check how many followers I have so I feel immensely blessed that someone stumbled upon my little experiment and liked it enough to include me 🙂
So I have to answer her 11 questions – then choose 11 more blogs to nominate – then ask them 11 questions! Easy enough (and super fun!).
AILZYPIE‘s ELEVEN QUESTIONS
1. What is your favourite song?
GAH – this is hard because it changes daily!!! Like today – my new fave is “Rather Be” by Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne. But if I had to go with the longstanding classics though I might go with anything on Billy Joel’s “The Stranger” Album. On anygiven day, my favorite could be Joni Mitchell, Amos Lee, Haim, Hoodie Allen, Cat Power, The Temptations, Michael Jackson, . I’m really not lying when I say I listen to everything… Anyone looking at my spotify would probably diagnose me as schizophrenic – but really fun.
2. If you could have one evening of conversation with anyone (alive or not / famous or not), who would you pick and what would you talk about?
Sheesh – I see how this is going… I’m going to have to go with Salinger because he’s so mysterious. OR maybe C.S. Lewis. Yes Lewis – Salinger would be too depressing.
3. What is the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
This 100 X 30 project. Just kidding… Probably the time that I was so in love with someone that I couldn’t see the truth about him. I had lost control of my own thoughts and the ability to reason through things, so I prayed to God that if this relationship was not what he wanted for my life, that he would take it away. That prayer changed my whole life and every expectation I ever had for it. So scary, but such a blessing.
4. Who taught you the most valuable lesson you have ever learned?
My daddy. “Find what you love – then figure out a way to make a living doing it. ” This seems like a simple statement, but its a mantra that holds so much more meaning. To do this you have to be brave, defy convention, have faith that it will work, and work hard to make it happen.
5. If you were animal, what would you be?
A fox. I’d like to say bird, but I’m not that gentle.
6. Where is your favourite place in the world?
To be determined. but I like Charleston, SC a lot.
7. What would you tell 18 year old you?
Be brave, work hard, and have faith. And if you are active and healthy, everything will be better.
8. What item have you owned for the longest time?
I have two platinum wedding bands that my Nanny Dink and Pop Pop Herbie gave me when I was 15 – My Grandmom Docia and my Great Great Aunt Claire’s from 1926 and 1927. I haven’t take them off really since I got them, my finger is even permanently indented. They are engraved with the initials and wedding dates of my Great Grandparents, and Great Aunt and Uncle.
9. What would be your super power?
This one is easy. Teleportation. Then I could go everywhere I wanted to and experience everything I wanted to.
10. Describe your ideal day.
Getting up early on a warm Friday in April or September – just before the sun. Heading out for a run and returning home to do a quiet time and pray before showering up for work (yes, my ideal day is a work day!) Heading to the office on the train and reading a great book on the way. Accomplishing everything on my to do list at work by 12 and then walking uptown for lunch with my favorite girlfriends before heading home for a dip in the pool. Then spontaneously deciding to depart with the top down on the convertible for an adventure at the beach or the mountains with someone I care deeply about and have great conversation with. Once we get there, get dressed up for a nice dinner with delicious food I’ve ever tasted before, then dancing, any kind of dancing, and kissing until the sun comes up. Yep – I am a workaholic and a romantic at the same time.
11. A year from now what do you wish to be doing?
Still loving my job. Enjoying my life – whatever it holds at that time. Loving my family, and planning for the future! But definitely taking more vacation!
1. Sarah Tapfer
2. Therapeutic Designs
3. Life Changing Truths
4. Sea of Gray
5. [LOOK UP]
6. Culture Two
7. The Naked Envelope
8. Sequins and Sushi
9. 1000 Lovely Things
10. Queen in the Queen City
11. Flavor Infused
- If you next meal was your last – what would it be?
- You are hosting a dinner party and can invite 6 people – anyone living and dead – who are they?
- What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
- Who taught you the most valuable lesson you have ever learned?
- Who would play you in the movie version of your life?
- If you could travel anywhere right now, where would it be?
- Pretend it is 2024. What are you doing right now?
- Your house is burning down. What is the first item you grab?
- What motivates you to write your blog?
- List three qualities in your ideal mate.
- What is one thing that you want to do before your next birthday?
Rules for the Nominees
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs with 500 followers or less.
- Post 11 new questions for you nominees to answer.
- Tag your nominees in your post and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been nominated!
Thank you again AILZYPIE!